DWIs in Missouri are nothing to take lightly, as a conviction has the potential to impact your personal, professional and financial life in a number of ways.
While you’re not required to hire an attorney to fight your charges, there are many reasons to consider this.
- Eliminate or reduce jail time
- Avoid trial
- Avoid a license suspension
- Reduce your original charges to a lesser offense
There’s no guarantee that your attorney can do one or more of these things, but they have the knowledge and experience necessary to put you in the best position for success.
What should you look for in a DUI lawyer?
Don’t assume that all DWI attorneys provide the same level of service. There are many things to look for, including but not limited to:
- Number of years practicing DWI law
- Time available in their schedule
- Cost of representation
- Past successes in the courtroom
- References from past clients
As you compare DWI attorneys, you’ll come to find that some suit you better than others.
If you’re struggling to make a final decision, here are some of the many questions you can ask:
- How many DWI cases have you handled in the past?
- How much of your practice is devoted to DWI defense?
- Can you explain the laws pertaining to DWI in the state of Missouri?
- What are your fees, and how do you calculate them?
- Do you have a legal team in place to assist with my case?
The answers to these questions will give you a clear understanding of whether an attorney meets all of your requirements.
There will be a lot going through your mind if you’re faced with DWI charges. While there’s no way to eliminate all of your stress, you’ll feel better about your situation once you have an experienced attorney guiding you through the process. Even if you don’t require our services, we provide resources to help you better understand the process during an impaired driving stop.
DWI charges are serious, but don’t assume that they’ll lead to a conviction. There are many defense strategies you can use to your advantage.